Monday, March 13, 2006

Let Freedom Ring...Just Not in Class


Cell phones are not allowed during school; however, due to the advent of 9/11 and the complaints of many soccer moms who want to leave telephone messages for their children, students can use their cell phones during lunch and break. Cell phones are not supposed to be on and students cannot touch them in class. Despite these rules, students - particularly The Laguna Beach-wannabe army of hos - attempt to use it during class. If a student is caught with one on or using a cell in class, a teacher is supposed to take the phone, turn it in to guidance, and the student will get it back at the end of the week. As a sub, I have never taken a student's cell until today when a girl's phone went off in the middle of a test during class.

In the middle of a silent class, I hear, "I want to get away. I want to flllllyyy aaaawwwaaayyyyy. Yeah!" That's right; Mr. Lenny Kravitz graced my Psychology classroom.

I confiscated the phone. I hope that the girl spends the rest of the week thinking about what she did. I wasn't mad that her phone went off in the middle of class, but how dare she have a fucking Lenny Kravitz ringtone? Gross.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, DOUBLE TRUE!

Count your blessings. At least it's not a ring tone of 'Mambo Number Five' or 'The Macarena.'

March 13, 2006 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home