Wednesday, May 02, 2007

"Does anybody know what a hangover is?"

I'm not an alcoholic, but I'm a little bit of a lush. In fact, I haven't met a drink I haven't liked, which creates a conflict with my job as a teacher. Occasionally, I like to have a drink... or twenty... on a school night. The problem with this is not that I blow off my responsibilities at school the next day, but I cannot get the smell of booze out of my pores. I could bathe in a bathtub of cologne and I would still smell like alcohol. Today, I arrived to school after seeing a concert the previous night. I had a few drinks at the show and I think some of the alcohol crept through my pores yet again. One student came up to me this morning and said, "Mr. Substitute, you smell like rum!" Yikes! Maybe it's time for me to tone down the school night drinking, especially since this is the second time this week that my classes have seen their teacher hungover... and it's only Wednesday!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOHNNY SUBSTITUTE!
-sister

May 24, 2007 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want more blogs, Johnny Substitute! You're slackin!

June 13, 2007 7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home